Wednesday 7 September 2011

Period Movies Box - Sense and Sensibility (1995) - Reviewed

Sense and Sensibility (1995)
My Overall Rating - 7.5/10
Sense & Sensibility - Period Movies Box


This is one movie that I liked and loved, very sincerely! The movie stars Emma Thompson (Elinor Dashwood),Kate Winslet (Marianne Dashwood), Hugh Grant (Edward Ferrars), Allan Rickman, Gemma Jones and others.

The period piece is almost as charming as Jane Austen's novel. The best part according to me, it maintains originality and the sets, the costumes and characters are very genuine. Again, I must compliment the casting director(who ever that was).

There's no point writing the story of Sense and Sensibility here, we know it of course. Just a little thing to convey, watch it, devote your evening to this extremely well crafted period movie, with excellent performances by stage-trained artists and a witty and substantial screenplay, believe me you'll not be disappointed. ENJOY!

Don't forget to write to me!

IMDb Link - Sense and Sensibility
Wikipedia Link - Sense and Sensibility

For more information on period movies stay connected to Period Movies Box.

1 comment:

  1. This film has been a favorite of mine for a long time and was actually my introduction to Jane Austen!
    I have a name blog called Name Enthusiast and I was awarded with the Liebster Award and I wanted to pass the award on to you.
    Visit here to pass on the award to others: http://nameenthusiast.blogspot.com/2011/09/liebster-blog-award.html

    Miss Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Please do express your VIEWS!